Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Normal life.....

We're living a 'normal' life right now - shopping, cooking, laundry, etc but enjoying breakfast outside, air conditioning inside, warm evening strolls, exercise room close by for Bill and sitting baking in the sun. We came with loads of books for me and a really fat one for Bill and are content to fill a lot of time with our noses buried.
Of course we're also glued to the TV like everyone else in the world and have been introduced to full-on CNN for the first time! If that was my total source of news I'd put a pillow over my head and call it a day! I feel there is enough tragedy, drama and reason for stress in the world without manufacturing more! The reporters are breathless with enthusiasm for crisis.
We were thrilled to remember that we can access CBC on our iTouch so now listen to Victoria all the time. I feel we are back in connection with the world as we know it because as far as anything we've seen or heard down here, it ends at the 50th parallel. There is occasional mention of other countries but never Canada. I think we should forget our angst about what the US thinks about our politicians and/or politics and accept that they just don't think about us at all! I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment